Get Advice » Energy

This section gives advice and information on energy issues for both households and small businesses. It will help you find out about the best energy deals and check on your consumer rights. We can also help you make an effective complaint to your energy company or use the Energy Ombudsman service.

You should be able to find the answer to your question in our Your energy questions section.

Got a complaint?

If you have a complaint about your energy supplier you should contact them first. If you are dissatisfied with their response, your complaint should be escalated within the supplier in accordance with its complaint handling procedures. Please visit the following link for contact details for Suppliers, Distributors, Transporters and Independent Gas Transporters.

Unresolved disputes can be investigated by the Energy Ombudsman. the Citizens Advice consumer service (08454 04 05 06 or call a local number) can also provide independent information and advice on how to progress your complaint.

For consumers who have been disconnected or threatened with disconnection, or who are unable to pursue their complaint directly with their supplier, the Citizens Advice consumer service may refer the case to the Consumer Focus Extra Help Unit.

Thinking about switching suppliers?

See our Switching energy providers section to find out about Confidence Code accredited comparison sites.

Energy saving advice

For free, independent and local energy-saving advice, call the energy saving trust on 0800 512 012.